An application for NBI clearance is applied for at the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) in the Philippines. The Consulate is only authorised to assist with the fingerprinting process in the application known as NBI Fingerprint Impressioning.
Fingerprinting – €22.50
Applicants for fingerprinting are required to come in person as fingerprint imprints will be taken at the Consulate. The clearance application forms will be provided at the Consulate upon the applicant’s scheduled appointment.
• Photocopy of the Identification
• One (1) 2” x 2” photo taken within the last six (6) months (On white background)
- A confirmed appointment is required for all applicants.
- All applications for a NBI clearance must be made in person.
- Applicants who are married women must write their name in the following prescribed format:
- Maiden surname (family name or surname of the father)
- First name or given name
- Maternal surname (middle name or maiden surname of the mother)
- Husband’s family name and first name
- NBI Clearance forms with fingerprints not taken by the Embassy must undergo the process of authentication.
- Clearance applicants will be responsible for submitting the duly accomplished application card to the NBI in the Philippines. Applicants may wish to visit the official website of the NBI, www.nbi.gov.ph, for guidance on the filing of the clearance application with the agency.
NBI Clearance Renewal
Applicants who have previously been issued NBI clearances from (2014 onwards), can now renew their NBI clearance without the need of accomplishing new NBI fingerprint card form No. 5 (provided that no changes are made on their personal data). Applicants may wish to visit the official website of the NBI, www.nbi.gov.ph, for guidance on the filing of the clearance application with the agency.