For all Labour and/or Welfare matters please contact the Office of the Labour Attaché (Labour Section) of the Philippine Embassy in London.
The Office of the Labour Attaché (Labour Section) of the Philippine Embassy in London is tasked with promoting employment opportunities of Filipino workers and ensuring their protection and welfare.
In line with this, it sees to it that the Labour and social welfare laws of the Republic of Ireland are fairly applied to all Filipino workers.
Pursuant to its mandate, the Office of the Labour Attaché - in conjunction with the over-all thrusts of the Philippine Overseas Labour Office (POLO) and the Department of Labour and Employment – seeks to implement five key programs: (1) employment facilitation, (2) employment preservation, (3) employment enhancement, (4) policy development and formulation, and (5) community linkages, networking and information dissemination.
The following are some of the principal services and functions of the Labour Section:
- Verification of employment contracts & recruitment documents
- Workers’ registration/documentation
- Counselling on work-related concerns/work permits/visa
- Conciliation/negotiation with employers
- Labour marketing/promotion of Filipino human resources
- Promotion of OWWA membership & Issuance of E-Card
- Issuance of Balik-Manggagawa (OEC) certificate
- Community linkages and information dissemination