It must first secure the necessary licenses or registration certificates from the appropriate government agencies. Generally, the registration process starts with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the government agency responsible for the registration, licensing, regulation and supervision of all corporations licensed to engage in business or to establish a branch office in the Philippines.

If the proposed project or activity qualifies for incentives, the foreign corporation may file its application with the appropriate government agency depending on the project’s location, as follows:

  1. Board of Investments (BOI). Website: For projects outside the special economic zones
  2. Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA). Website: For projects in any Special Economic Zone under PEZA
  3. Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA). Website: For projects in Subic Bay Freeport
  4. Clark Development Authority (CDC). Website: For projects in Clark Special Economic Zone
  5. John Jay Poro Point Development Corporation. For projects in John Jay Special Economic Zone, Poro Point Freeport and Special Economic Zone
  6. Cagayan Economic Zone Authority. Website: For projects in Cagayan Special Economic Zone
  7. Zamboanga Economic Authority. For projects in Zamboanga City Special Economic Zone